Zicutake [Audio]

Tweets by Zicutake

SEND YOUR HISTORY:

Contact Us

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

#Music

#Music

Migos’ ‘Culture 2’ Coming Early Next Year?

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 12:56 PM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Migos fans allegedly won’t have much longer to wait for Culture 2.

Related: Listen to Migos’ ‘Motor Sport’ featuring Nicki Minaj and Cardi B.

The revelation that the hip-hop power trio’s highly anticipated follow-up to Culture will arrive early next year was made in a recent New York Times profile of the group’s record label, Quality Control.

The January timetable is the latest of many release dates for the album, which the group has been promising for months.

Migos did share the album’s first single, “Motor Sport,” featuring Cardi B. and Nicki Minaj, last month, so maybe the world will indeed see Culture 2 in early 2018.

Lorde Covers Whitney Houston in Celebration of Same-Sex Marriage in Australia

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 11:55 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Lorde is feeling the love.

The “Green Light” singer rolled out an impromptu cover of Whitney Houston’s 1987 classic, “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” during a show in Australia last night (Nov. 21).

Related: Lorde Reveals Opening Acts for North American Tour

Lorde’s take on the Houston track was in honor of Australia recently legalizing same-sex marriage.

“I'm very proud of you,” the singer told the Australian audience while draped in a rainbow flag. “This is the crying show. I don't know if you know that.”

Watch fan footage of the moment below.

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Everything You Need to Know

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 11:25 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Everybody loves a parade.

Especially the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, which will roll through Manhattan for the 91st time tomorrow (Nov. 23).

Related: Angelica Hale of ‘America’s Got Talent’ Honored to Perform at Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade

As always, the parade will feature a cavalcade of stars, performers and attractions throughout it’s route. Seventeen giant character balloons, 1,100 cheerleaders, 1000 clowns and 12 marching bands will be among the attractions featured at the massive event, which is expected to draw more than 3.5 million spectators to Manhattan.

Here’s a handy breakdown of who, what, when and where to make sure you and yours don’t miss a moment of the joyful and family-friendly occasion.

What time is the parade being broadcast?
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will air on NBC 9am-noon in all time zones, so those on the West Coast can still sleep in a little before the event gets rolling.  YouTube is streaming the parade live with 360-degree cameras starting at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT without any delay. Watch it here. NBC will also stream the parade on its website and through its mobile app. To stream it on a computer, point your browser to NBC.com/live and log in with the account tied to your cable provider.

Who’s performing at the parade?
Country music will be well represented this year, with Cam on the Domino Sugar float, Lauren Alaina on the Green Giant float, Sara Evans on the Entenmann’s float and Dustin Lynch hopping aboard the always-delicious KFC float. Pop stars abound this year: Gwen Stefani will sing “White Christmas” at the Bryant Park ice rink, while the main route will feature appearances from Angelica Hale, 98 Degrees, Andra Day & Common, Jimmy Fallon & the Roots, Flo Rida, Miss Patti LaBelle, Sara Evans, Goo Goo Dolls, Kat Graham, Wyclef Jean, Smokey Robinson, Bebe Rexha and more. Broadway will be well represented, with performances from the casts of Anastasia, Dear Evan Hansen, Once on This Island and SpongeBob SquarePants – The Broadway Musical. Of course, the Radio City Rockettes will be on hand to provide their signature high kicks.

Are there any new floats this year?
Illumination’s “Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch” is set to fly for the first time this year, along with Olaf from Disney’s Frozen, Jett from Super Wings, and Chase from Nickelodeon’s Paw Patrol. Music fans will want to keep an eye out for Gibson’s massive Les Paul guitar float. Favorites like Charlie Brown, Pikachu, and Hello Kitty will also fly high above the parade this year.

As always, the big man himself, Santa Claus, will provide the grand finale of the festive parade and kick off the Christmas season.

Sam Hunt, Lindsay Ell Share Thanksgiving Plans

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 10:46 AM PST

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to give thanks, especially to the country artists we know and love.

Related: Keith Urban’s First Thanksgiving: ‘I Couldn’t Believe the Volume of Food’

While Sam Hunt may be busy with his skyrocketing career, he's ready to enjoy the holiday with his wife, Hannah Lee Fowler.

"This will be our first holiday spending it as a married couple,” Hunt revealed. “Her family does a big Thanksgiving deal, my family does too.”

The pair married in April, but the big question: who's family will they spend Thanksgiving with this year?

“We're close enough that we can just about do both,” Hunt said. “She's from Alabama, I'm from Georgia, so we'll see how it works out this year."

Fellow country star Lindsay Ell is ready for the holidays and her favorite tradition.

“I love cooking with my mom. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, so I'll probably be slaving away in the kitchen,” Ell shared.

As if the 28-year-old singer weren't already relatable enough, she's got a thing for sweets.

"I love pumpkin pie,” Ell shared. “I kind of have a sweet tooth."

Both of these artists are as sweet as pumpkin pie!

Adam Sandler’s ‘Thanksgiving Song’ Revisited

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 10:44 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

The annual arrival of the Thanksgiving holiday brings a litany of American traditions.

There are the endless servings of traditional holiday food, with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and pumpkin pie piling up at homes around the country. There are football games and halftime shows, and plotting just how exactly to tackle the Black Friday sales that kick in the next day.

Thanksgiving also brings a handful of holiday songs (Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant” immediately comes to mind), and a more contemporary holiday classic, Adam Sandler’s “Thanksgiving Song.”

Original debuted during a 1992 “Weekend Update” segment of Saturday Night Live, Sander’s jaunty and comedic tune quickly became a Thanksgiving tradition, generating countless spins on radio stations across the country every year as the holiday arrives.

Twenty-five years after its debut, Sandler’s “Thanksgiving Song” is as fresh and funny as it was back in 1992, although any grandparents in the room might have to fill in younger listeners on certain cultural references (does anyone under the age of 40 know who Betty Grable is?).

“Thanksgiving Song” is classic Sandler, showcasing the comedian at the peak of his powers.

So if it’s your first time hearing the song or an ongoing part of your annual Thanksgiving day tradition, enjoy the timeless hilarity of Adam Sandler’s “Thanksgiving Song” below.

Bob Seger Talks Health Issues & New Glenn Frey-Inspired Album

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 10:17 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

It was only this past October when Bob Seger canceled 19 dates of this year’s Runaway Train Tour due to health issues: Doctors found that the rock icon had ruptured a disc in his neck and suffered from a pinched spinal cord. Seger underwent spinal surgery that same month and is on the road to recovery. In a new interview with USA Today, he speaks candidly about the ordeal and his new album.

"Let's face it: I've been singing real hard for 52 years," Seger said. "That's a strain on the upper shoulders and neck. And I guess I finally just popped one out."

Symptoms began during a September 12 show in Rochester, NY. Seger says he felt a tingling in his hands and numbness around his body. Ultimately he was "dragging a leg," a sign of potential neurological problems. After the diagnosis, Seger continued touring until the condition grew too serious.

"It was nerve-racking to go up there every night, singing as hard as I could," Seger says. "But I thought, 'You know, I can do it. I'll take care of this after the tour.'"

Related: Bob Seger Shares Preview Of New Album 'I Knew You When'

Today, he rates the pain at 8 on a scale from one to ten. As he recovers from surgery, he proudly discusses I Knew You When, his 18th studio album set for release this Friday. The record was written and recorded in tribute to his late friend, Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey, who passed away last year.

"In the final analysis, it's almost as if I'm singing this album to (widow) Cindy Frey and her family," he said. "That's the only audience I care about. If they like it, then I'm happy."

Despite the sentiment, he didn't want the album to veer into sentimentality. Seger says the album holds up as a sturdy collection of rock songs.

"I wanted this album to rock," he said. "I didn't want it be some maudlin thing in order to regard his memory. Glenn loved rock 'n' roll."

N.E.R.D Reveal Release Date and Cover Art for Comeback Album

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 09:54 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

The return of N.E.R.D is near.

Related: Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar Feature on N.E.R.D’s Star-Studded New Album

Pharrell William’s pioneering project with longtime Neptunes partner Chad Hugo and Shay Haley has revealed a release date for the band’s comeback album, No_One Ever Really Dies: Dec. 15.

Williams made the big reveal on social media, sharing the album’s cover art with the release date.

It will be the first full-length from N.E.R.D since the 2010 album, Nothing.

No_One Ever Really Dies will feature appearances from Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, Andre 3000, Rihanna, Future and more.

Eleven Gifts for Every Kind of ‘Stranger Things’ Fan on Your Holiday Shopping List

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 09:46 AM PST

By Maura O’Malley

Holiday shopping is hard. Maybe even harder than the blow of discovering that your significant other/friend/whomever you watch Netflix with has binge-watched the rest of Stranger Things 2 … without you.

Related: Chief Hopper From 'Stranger Things' Dances to Rock and Roll Favorites

But we're not here to harp on these kinds of tragedies. Rather, we're here to be spread positivity. Help you out. Be inclusive. And what better way to be inclusive than to put together a holiday shopping list for every kind of Stranger Things fan?

It's fiercer than a demo-dog, and it's about to flip your holiday shopping upside down. Behold: the only holiday shopping list you'll need this year.

11. For the activist

Join the cause. #JusticeforBarb

10. For lovers of the occult

For all the basic witches on your shopping list.

9. For the student

Back to school: Hawkins style.

8. For cosplayers

Work that Joyce Byers look.

7. For the fashionista

Stranger Things is so on trend.

6. For the intellectual

Fact: More people will join the party and stick out the neverending game if it’s got a cool theme like this!

5. For your frenemies

Nothing says frenemy like a passive-aggressive message masked as a gift!

4. For the gamer

To get those Mad Max skills.

3. For your Hygge-practicing, candles-loving friend

It’s lit.

2. For the ketchup-on-everythinger

(On a scale of 1-11, how gross is this?)

1. For the foodie

A timeless classic for the experienced palate. A true delicacy. 11/11 would recommend.

So what are you waiting for? Get shopping!

Sia Shares Star-Studded ‘Santa’s Coming for Us’ Video

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 08:54 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

JB Smoove from Curb Your Enthusiasm is Santa Claus in Sia’s star-studded new video, “Santa’s Coming for Us.”

Related: Sia Shares Warm Holiday Ballad ‘Snowman’

The joyful clip is filled with famous faces, including real-life couple Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, Henry Winkler, Susan Lucci, Caleb McLaughlin from Stranger Things, Sophia Lillis from IT, and Wyatt Oleff of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

The retro video features the stars in a family holiday setting, with a living room dance-off that includes the dog.

“Santa’s Coming for Us” is taken from Sia’s recently released holiday album, Everyday is Christmas.

Watch the Christmas cheer below.

Gene Simmons Apologizes to Fox News for Bizarre Behavior

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 08:29 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Gene Simmons is sorry.

The notorious KISS demon has apologized to Fox News for the bizarre behavior during a recent visit that resulted in him being banned from the network forever.

Related: Gene Simmons Banned from Fox News Headquarters… for Life

“I have appeared frequently over the years on various Fox News and Fox Business programs and have a tremendous amount of respect for the talented women and men who work there,” Simmons said in the statement (via Daily Beast). “While I believe that what is being reported is highly exaggerated and misleading, I am sincerely sorry that I unintentionally offended members of the Fox team during my visit.”

The “exaggerated” incident entailed Simmons bursting into a Fox New meeting, where he proceeded to bare his chest, yell out “hey chicks, sue me,” and tell pedophilia jokes about Michael Jackson. Simmons also hit two staffers on the head with his book.

Simmons’ bizarre outburst led to him being banned from the Fox News headquarters for life.

Death Cab for Cutie Release First-Ever Live Show on 20th Anniversary

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 08:24 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Today (Nov. 22) marks the 20th anniversary of Death Cab for Cutie’s first-ever live show.

In honor of the pivotal moment, the band has released a recording of that show, with all proceeds going to Seattle’s homeless shelter Aurora Commons.

Related: Death Cab for Cutie Release Animated Video for 'Good Help (Is So Hard to Find)'

“This is a recording of the first ever Death Cab For Cutie show,” band leader Ben Gibbard said in a press statement. “It was made by our friend Trevor Adams on his dictaphone at The Pacer House in Bellingham, Washington on November 22, 1997. Sprawled across couches and sitting cross-legged on the floor were 25 of our closest friends and fellow musicians. Everyone played acoustic or semi-acoustic with no PA. Trevor made and passed bowl after bowl of microwave popcorn because he was (and I assume still is) a great host.”

“Chris Walla and I had just finished the You Can Play These Songs With Chords cassette and we thought it would be fun to play a few shows around Bellingham to celebrate the release,” Gibbard continued. “We recruited Nick Harmer to play bass and Walla's childhood friend Nathan Good to play drums.  None of us thought we were starting a band nor did our ambitions for DCFC extend very far past this particular evening.  We simply thought it would be fun to play these songs for our friends before moving on to other things.”

“I remain forever grateful to Trevor for inviting us to play in his living room 20 years ago today.  It was one of the greatest nights of my life at the time and its significance has only grown since.”

The recording is available for streaming and download exclusively at Bandcamp for a minimum donation of $4.

Steely Dan’s Donald Fagen Suing Walter Becker’s Estate

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 07:01 AM PST

By Robyn Collins

Steely Dan's Donald Fagen is suing the estate of his late bandmate Walter Becker. Becker died in September of this year.

Related: Widow of Steely Dan's Walter Becker Shares Statement on His Passing

According to Rolling Stone, the suit is based on a buy/sell agreement the members of Steely Dan signed in 1972 that stipulates whenever a member of the group quit or died, the band would purchase that member's shares.

Becker and Fagen were the last remaining shareholders.

Fagen’s complaint states that following Becker's death, his estate sent a letter to Fagen insisting that the 1972 agreement "is of no force or effect." The letter also reportedly states Becker's widow, Delia Becker, should be appointed a “director or officer of Steely Dan” and is “entitled to 50 percent ownership of the group.”

In addition, he is also suing the the band’s longtime management firm for withholding information regarding Steely Dan’s finances – such as royalty statements – as well as other band matters.

Fagen is seeking a declaration that the aforementioned buy/sell agreement is valid, so he may purchase the remaining share of Steely Dan, making him the sole owner of the brand, as well as seeking damages that reportedly could be over $1 million.

Meek Mill Continues Thanksgiving Charity Tradition from Prison

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 06:32 AM PST

By Robyn Collins

Meek Mill may be serving time in prison, but the Philly rapper will still be a part of serving up turkey dinners as part of his annual Thanksgiving donation.

Related: JAY-Z Pens New York Times Op-Ed About Meek Mill's Probation Sentence

The hip-hop artist’s camp will hand out 1,000 turkeys today (Nov. 22) at four different locations in his hometown.

Mill recently received a two to four-year sentence for violating his probation on a gun charge in 2008. Many artists including JAY-Z have been vocal about how the sentence was unwarranted or too extreme.

See the post below for more details on Meek’s holiday philanthropy.

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter Accused of Rape, Denies Allegations

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 06:10 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter has been accused of a 2002 sexual assault. Melissa Schuman, a former member of pop group Dream, claims she and Carter were socializing at his home when he forcibly performed oral sex on her and forced her to reciprocate, before raping her.

Schuman shared the details of the incident in a lengthy blog post.

She wrote that she was 18 and a virgin at the time of the incident, Carter was 22.

Schuman says she wanted to report the incident shortly after, but her manager at the time warned her that Carter “had the most powerful litigator in the country.”

“He was right,” she wrote. “I didn't have the money, the clout or access to an attorney who was powerful enough to stand up against my abuser's legal counsel. I was told I would likely be buried in humiliation, accused of being fame hungry, and it would ultimately hurt me professionally as well as publicly.”

“I was broken,” she wrote. “I was tired. I was traumatized. I told my therapist. I told my family. I told my friends. I have a plethora of people who can attest that I eventually became open vocal about my experience, I've just never had the platform to come out publicly.”

Carter responded to Schuman’s accusations in a statement to People which reads:

“I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman's accusations. Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual. We went on to record a song and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally.”

“This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later. It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

RZA Sues Dog Walking Company ‘Woof-Tang Clan’

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 05:41 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Wu-Tang Clan leader RZA has filed a trademark opposition suit against “Woof-Tang Clan,” a Brooklyn-based dog walking company, according to Rolling Stone.

Related: Wu-Tang Clan's Raekwon Wants Green Bay Packers to Sign Colin Kaepernick

In the suit, RZA claims Woof-Tang is “highly similar” to the Wu-Tang Clan mark in “sight, sound and commercial impression.” He also claims the company “falsely suggests a connection” with the iconic hip-hop group.

Woof-Tang offers a battery of dog care services with a side of ’90s hip-hop knowledge. The company’s site claims employees are “courteous and responsible, as long as we're in agreement that Nas' Illmatic is the greatest album of all time.”

Maroon 5 Busk in New York Subway with Jimmy Fallon

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 05:34 AM PST

By Robyn Collins

Maroon 5 are the latest in a growing list of top-charting musicians that have joined The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon to busk in the New York City subway.

Related: 5 Best Songs on Maroon 5's 'Red Pill Blues'

The band and Fallon wore effective disguises (hats, glasses and wigs) and charmed commuters with a cover of Queen’s “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.” Then the band members dropped their costumes and played their hit “Sugar” as themselves.

Fallon previously pulled the same stunt with Miley Cyrus and U2.

Watch Maroon 5 and Fallon rock the subway platform below:

Artists Remember David Cassidy

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 05:15 AM PST

By Robyn Collins

TV star and ’70s teen heartthrob David Cassidy died yesterday (Nov. 21) from multiple organ failure at the age of 67 at a Florida hospital. The singer is most remembered for his role as Keith Partridge on The Partridge Family, a musical sitcom that ran from 1970-1974.

Related: 'Partridge Family' Star David Cassidy Dead at 67

“Heartbroken over the passing of #DavidCassidy. He graced the covers of teen magazines w/my Brothers in the '70s,” wrote Marie Osmond on social media. “My condolences to his family.”

Brian Wilson, and Diane Warren and Rick Springfield also shared their thoughts, as did Gloria Gaynor and Richard Marx.

Post Malone’s ‘Rockstar’ is a Total Bloodbath

Posted: 22 Nov 2017 04:44 AM PST

By Jon Wiederhorn

Post Malone’s “Rockstar,” which features 21 Savage, now has a blood-soaked video to go along with its graphic lyrics.

Related: Post Malone Reveals 'Bentleys and Beerbongs' Album Release Date

The clip, which is reminiscent of a Japanese Yakuza gangster revenge film, depicts a non-stop barrage of savage sword fighting, and from the opening scene it earns its “parental advisory and viewer warning.”

Though it’s a high budget video, it’s a pretty simple premise: Malone is in a white suit and the bad guys are in black suits and before long there’s black and white and red all over. As if the stabbing, gashing and slashing weren’t enough, director Emil Nava includes buckets of blood being splashed across the performers and slithering venomous snakes…. just because.

Watch the NSFW clip here.

‘Partridge Family’ Star David Cassidy Dead at 67

Posted: 21 Nov 2017 07:11 PM PST

By Joe Hyer

David Cassidy, the performer best known for his role on The Partridge Family, has died. He was 67.

The actor and musician entered a Fort Lauderdale, FL hospital for liver and kidney failure last week.

Cassidy’s family issued a statement confirming the news of his death on Tuesday evening (November 21):

"David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long," reads a statement from Cassidy’s publicist (via CNN). "Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years."

Cassidy became a teenage heartthrob with his role as Keith Partridge in the '70s sitcom, The Partridge Family. He would go on to have a career as a musician with hit songs such as "I Think I Love You,” and “Daydreamer.”