Zicutake USA Comment | Search Articles

#History (Education) #Satellite report #Arkansas #Tech #Poker #Language and Life #Critics Cinema #Scientific #Hollywood #Future #Conspiracy #Curiosity #Washington
 Smiley face

[Calculate SHA256 hash]
 Smiley face
Zicutake BROWSER
 Smiley face Encryption Text and HTML
Aspect Ratio Calculator
[HTML color codes]
 Smiley face Conversion to JavaScript
[download YouTube videos in MP4, FLV, 3GP, and many more formats]

 Smiley face Mining Satoshi | Payment speed

 Smiley face
Online BitTorrent Magnet Link Generator




Assignment History– Rev. Scott J. Kallal, A.V.I.

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:23 PM PST

UNITED STATES Summary of Case: Scott J. Kallal was ordained in 2011 in Kansas City, Kansas for the Rome-based Apostles of the Interior Life. His whereabouts until 2014 are unclear; the 2013 and 2014 Catholic Directories show that he was assigned to "Further Studies." During 2014-2016 Kallal was an assistant priest at St. Patrick's in Kansas City, after which he was assigned to the same role at Holy Spirit in Overland Park. In July 2017 Kallal was suspended from public ministry, after the archdiocese received allegations from two different sources that he had engaged in "boundary violations." A man stated publicly that, in the summer of 2015, Kallal had tickled his 11-year-old daughter and touched her breast at a church gathering. Kallal denied "any moral misconduct or malicious intent" and was sent to Maryland for treatment. He was arrested shortly thereafter, on charges of two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.

“A Professor Is Kind of Like a Priest”

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:21 PM PST

NEW YORK (NY) The New Republic November 30, 2017 By Irene Hsu and Rachel Stone Two recent cases reveal how the structure of American graduate schools enables sexual harassment and worse. It was 1998 when Franco Moretti approached Kimberly Latta on an airplane. At the time, Latta was a PhD student at Rutgers, and Moretti a professor of English and comparative literature at Columbia University. Latta recalled, "[Franco] came over with a big smile on his face and said, 'Hello, hello! Do you remember me?'" Latta, who was sitting beside a friend, summoned the courage to respond. "Of course I remember you," she told Moretti. "And I will never forgive you for what you did to me." It wasn't until this year that Latta spoke out publicly. Latta wrote—on Facebook, in a letter to Stanford administrators, and to reporters—that Moretti stalked and raped her in the 1984-1985 school year, when she was a graduate student and Moretti was a visiting professor at UC Berkeley. Latta is now a practicing psychotherapist; Moretti has been a professor emeritus at Stanford since 2016. (Irene Hsu, a co-writer for this article, graduated from the Stanford in June 2017 with a degree in English.) Latta's Facebook post, published in November, followed an essay by Seo-Young Chu, now an associate professor of English at Queens College, CUNY, about how her advisor, the late professor Jay Fliegelman, sexually harassed and raped her when she was an English PhD candidate at Stanford. These stories have surfaced as part of the #MeToo movement, a watershed moment for workplace equality that has shaken politics, the media, and the entertainment industry. They mark what could be the beginning of a long-overdue public reckoning with power and consent in American graduate school programs. The allegations against Fliegelman (who died in 2007) and Moretti are not singular instances of faculty sexual abuse, limited to a single department within a particular educational institution—in the past month alone, graduate students have spoken out against faculty at Princeton University and the University of Rochester, among a slew of others. They are the product of a larger culture of silence and complicity, which has made for a dangerous, destructive, and exclusionary educational environment. Moretti became a professor at Stanford in 2000, where he taught until his retirement. While there, he established "distant reading" as a novel and controversial mode of criticism. He is a veritable celebrity as far as literary scholars go, having been profiled in The New York Times and The New Yorker. His research was collected in Canon/Archive, co-authored by 14 others, which was published at the end of October by n+1 books. (Shortly after Latta's Facebook post, the editors of n+1 books told The New Republic, "We were disturbed to hear of the allegations against Moretti, which only came to our attention yesterday. n+1 does not tolerate sexual harassment and abuse, and we take these allegations seriously.")

The Weinstein Effect: Avalanche of allegations usher in a new era

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:18 PM PST

BROOKLINE (MA) Wicked Local Brookline November 29, 2017 By Dr. Ruth Nemzoff and Ellen Offner Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein's repugnant behavior has revealed for Americans that sexual predators lurk in schools and workplaces threatening young women and boys. Florence Graves was ahead of her times in 1995 when she exposed Bob Packwood's peccadilloes, and she suffered retribution for her courage. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), a close ally of Bill and Hillary Clinton's, has said that in today's climate Bill Clinton would have had to resign the presidency. What about President Trump? The excesses of the Catholic clergy, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump exposed this chilling behavior, but Weinstein's behavior has freed many victims to speak out and awaken the public to this exploitation: in Hollywood, independent schools, colleges, places of worship, Congress and corporations. Wherever powerful authority figures can reward or punish those less powerful, predatory behavior seems all too common. Times have changed since 1991, when the all-male Senate Judiciary confirmed Clarence Thomas' nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court despite the chilling testimony of Oklahoma law professor Anita Hill that he had sexually harassed her while he was her boss. Nonetheless, Ronan Farrow, who reported on the "Weinstein Effect" in the New Yorker and on CNN, claims that NBC refused to air his report. This is not surprising since Fox News paid off women who complained about unwanted overtures from Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly. Hence kudos to The New Yorker for publishing outstanding articles such as "Anita Hill on Weinstein," and "Trump, and a Watershed Moment for Sexual-Harassment Accusations," by Jane Mayer, and Jia Tolentino's "How Men Like Harvey Weinstein Implicate Their Victims in Their Acts." It is important to note that whereas the headline-grabbing stories are mainly about men harassing young women, male harassment of young boys has also been surfacing. Now the actor Anthony Rapp has stated that actor Kevin Spacey "got on top of him" when he was only 14 years old, Heather Unruh, a former Boston TV anchor, has revealed that Spacey sexually assaulted her son, then 16 years old, at a bar in Nantucket. The family has retained the lawyer Mitchell Garabedian, who represented victims of Catholic clergy abuse and was featured in the film "Spotlight" about the courageous reporting in the Boston Globe. Spacey's "excuse" that he has decided to live as a gay man is a non sequitur.

Judge sets media protocol for Feit trial

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:15 PM PST

EDINBURG (TX) The Monitor November 28, 2017 By Molly Smith EDINBURG — The judge presiding over the John Feit trial, which is arguably the highest profile case in Hidalgo County history, spent the final pretrial hearing leading up to the first day in court briefing members of the media on protocol. Given local and national media interest in the case, and in an effort to minimize courtroom distractions, 92nd state District Judge Luis Singleterry designated a single pool photographer and pool videographer. The Monitor will be providing still photography to all media and CBS' "48 Hours" will be in charge of video. The crime and justice series previously ran a segment on the Irene Garza cold case in 2014. Now 85 years old, Feit is accused of murdering Garza, a then 25-year-old schoolteacher, in April 1960 after she went to confession at McAllen's Sacred Heart Church. He was a visiting priest at the church at that time. Singleterry ordered that live streaming the trial — both video and audio — would not be permitted. Reporters, however, will be allowed to take to social media during the trial, which the judge said could take approximately 10 business days. Final jury selection takes place Tuesday and Wednesday and, per Singleterry's orders, media is not permitted in the courtroom during that time.

Assignment History– Rev. Richard M. Lewkiewicz

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:08 PM PST

UNITED STATES Summary of Case: Richard M. Lewkiewicz was ordained for the Diocese of Brooklyn in 1968. As a parish priest, he assisted long-term at each of four parishes. There is an unexplained gap in his assignments 1998-1999. In a lawsuit filed in 2003, Lewkiewicz was accused of having accosted and raped a 7-year-old boy at Blessed Sacrament parish in Jackson Heights, Queens. The abuse allegedly took place in a confessional, after a practice for First Communion. Lewkiewicz denied the allegation. A fellow priest, Howard J. Richmond, was said to have watched the abuse. The Diocesan Review Board investigated and, in November 2004, Bishop DiMarzio announced that the board had determined that the allegation was without merit. Lewkiewicz retired in September 2017 and was in residence at the Bayside, Queens parish to which he had been assigned since 1999.

She Didn’t Fight Back: 5 (Misguided) Reasons People Doubt Sexual Misconduct Victims

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:06 PM PST

UNITED STATES The New York Times November 30, 2017 By Shaila Dewan She took decades to come forward. She can't remember exactly what happened. She sent friendly text messages to the same man she says assaulted her. She didn't fight back. There are all sorts of reasons women who report sexual misconduct, from unwanted advances by their bosses to groping or forced sex acts, are not believed, and with a steady drumbeat of new reports making headlines, the country is hearing a lot of them. But some of the most commonly raised causes for doubt, like a long delay in reporting or a foggy recall of events, are the very hallmarks that experts say they would expect to see after a sexual assault. "There's something really unique about sexual assault in the way we think about it, which is pretty upside down from the way it actually operates," said Kimberly A. Lonsway, a psychologist who conducts law enforcement training on sexual assault as the research director of End Violence Against Women International. "In so many instances when there's something that is characteristic of assault, it causes us to doubt it." Partly this is because of widespread misconceptions. The public and the police vastly overestimate the incidence of false reports: The most solid, case-by-case examinations say that only 5 to 7 percent of sexual assault reports are false. Responses to trauma that are often viewed as evidence of unreliability, such as paralysis or an inability to recall timelines, have been shown by neurobiological research to be not only legitimate, but common. And when it comes to the most serious assaults, like rape, people imagine that they are committed by strangers who attack in a dark alley, and base their view of how victims should react on that idea — even though the vast majority of assaults occur between people who know one another. Many of the same credibility issues surround reports of sexual harassment involving advances made by a boss or someone in a position of power over the victim.

Jury out on man accused of Christian school sex abuse

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:04 PM PST

LONDON (ENGLAND) Premier December 1, 2017 By Alex Williams A jury at the Old Bailey in central London has retired to consider its verdicts in the case of a former abbot accused of sexually abusing boys at a Catholic school in west London. Andrew Soper, who worked as headmaster and senior priest at the fee-paying St Benedicts School in Ealing, denies 19 offences of indecent assault and buggery against boys during the 1970s and 1980s. The 74 year old, who was also head of Ealing Abbey between 1991 and 2000, is accused of sexual touching and using a cane to beat youngsters.


Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:02 PM PST

GRANADA (SPAIN) November 30, 2017 By Stephen Wynne Court orders one accuser to pay court costs after false account dismissed GRANADA, Spain ( - After a long battle over false accusations of sexual abuse, three Spanish priests are returning to ministry. The archdiocese of Granada has announced the Vatican is lifting its precautionary suspension of Fr. Román Martínez and two other priests associated with the case. In a communiqué released Wednesday, the archdiocese proclaimed: The archdiocese of Granada, today, November 29, 2017, makes public the decision of the Holy See to have the precautionary canonical measures lifted from Mr. Román Martínez Velázquez de Castro, Mr. Francisco José Martínez Campos and D. Manuel Morales Morales, who had imposed them since October 15, 2014. Consequently, from today they return to exercise their priestly ministry, and on this same day they have received the communication of a new pastoral assignment. The reinstatement comes after Fr. Martínez, the lone defendant in the case, was acquited of all charges in a Spanish court and complainant David Ramirez Castillo was ordered to pay all legal costs.

Abuse inquiry: Nun tells of growing up in fear in care homes

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 01:01 PM PST

SCOTLAND BBC News December 1, 2017 A nun who was brought up in care homes run by Catholic nuns has said the sisters in charge are lying if they deny abuse took place there. The witness, known as Sister Louise, lived at Bellview children's refuge in Rutherglen and Smyllum Park orphanage in Lanark. She has been giving evidence to the second phase of the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry being held in Edinburgh. She said her abiding memory of her time spent in the homes was fear. The homes were run by the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul.

The Australian Church is in desperate trouble

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:59 PM PST

AUSTRALIA Catholic Herald November 30, 2017 By Natasha Marsh In 2017, the Church has endured an abuse crisis, lost a same-sex marriage vote and failed to stop euthanasia. Can it recover? This Sunday marks the beginning of a new year (Year B, to be precise) in the Church's liturgical calendar. That may be a relief for Australian Catholics, who will be glad to say goodbye to 2017 a few weeks early. The year opened on a hard note, with the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse, in its fifth and final year, holding a three-week "wrap-up" session on the Catholic Church in February. The results were shocking and sickening, and were splashed across the news daily. While the vast majority of abuse was historical (between 1950 and 2010) these reports cast a chill on all good-hearted people – Catholic or not. Many faithful Catholics were further disappointed and disillusioned as entire archdioceses lay paralysed by silence, peeping out from behind media releases and communications offices. Where were the prayer vigils? The novenas? The tears? Church billboards declaring "Not in my name"? While disappointment was one emotion, another was rage. And the mainstream media capitalised on the zeitgeist, openly speculating whether it was Catholicism itself – from celibacy to Confession – that was intrinsically paedophilic. Over the months, the spotlight was slowly directed towards one man – Australia's highest ranking Catholic, Cardinal George Pell. The cardinal became the subject of countless articles, parodies and memes. A comedic song, calling him "scum", gathered 2.5 million views, while a polemical book Cardinal: the Rise and Fall of George Pell was published in May. In November, an obscene public mural crept across a pub wall in Sydney depicting the cardinal with former prime minister Tony Abbott.

Pastor at Freeport church to encourage members to report any sexual abuse by clergy

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:57 PM PST

FREEPORT (ME) Portland Press Herald December 1, 2017 By Eric Russell and Megan Doyle The message to be delivered to parishioners at St. Jude comes after a former priest with a history of transgressions is charged with assaulting a 9-year-old boy there in 1998. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland said Thursday that it plans to encourage members to come forward with any information about suspected sexual abuse by a church official, in light of new criminal allegations against a former Jesuit priest. James Francis Talbot was indicted this week on charges of gross sexual assault and unlawful sexual contact involving a 9-year-old boy at St. Jude Church in Freeport in 1998. Talbot was a longtime teacher at Cheverus High School in Portland when he also served at times as a priest in Freeport. Two people involved in the case confirmed for the Portland Press Herald that Talbot, now 80, settled a lawsuit in June with the same alleged victim. The lawsuit describes how the alleged victim went through severe depression, loss of faith and thoughts of suicide as an adult. It also argues that church leaders and Cheverus officials should have prevented Talbot from ever having access to the boy. Dave Guthro, spokesman for the diocese, said in an email that the Rev. Daniel Greenleaf, the parish pastor, "will be talking to the parishioners at St. Jude in Freeport to address the situation." Guthro said Greenleaf would provide them with information about how to come forward with information about sexual abuse by clergy members, but he did not know whether the message would mention Talbot.

93-year-old paedophile priest claimed he 'forgot' years of sexually abusing boys

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:54 PM PST

LIVERPOOL (ENGLAND) ECHO December 1, 2017 ByJosh Parry Father John Kevin Murphy abused boys as young as 11 A paedophile catholic priest who used swimming lessons and foreign camping trips as a ploy to abuse boys as young as 11 claimed he 'couldn't remember' his sickening crimes. Father John Kevin Murphy, 93, used his position of trust to groom four boys during the 60s and 70s while working as a priest at St Luke's Parish in Whiston, and the attached St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic School. Today Liverpool Crown Court heard how during his 12 years working in the area, Murphy, of St George's Court in Maghull , gained the trust of several families and offered to take boys, aged between 11-16 at the time, for swimming lessons, exercise sessions and even camping trips abroad in order to abuse them. While teaching the boys to swim, he would put his hands inside their swimming trunks, touch their genitals, and then make them shower naked. On one occasion, he made one of his victims sit on his knee in a changing room and performed a sex act on him.

Father John Murphy, 93, jailed for sexually abusing boys

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:52 PM PST

LIVERPOOL (ENGLAND) BBC News December 1, 2017 A Roman Catholic priest who admitted sexually abusing four boys over 40 years ago has been jailed. Father John Murphy, 93, of St George's Court, Maghull, pleaded guilty to 14 counts of indecently assaulting boys at swimming pools, on camping trips and at a church between 1962 and 1974. He also admitted two counts of inciting boys to engage in sexual activity between 1963 and 1969. He was sentenced to three years in prison at Liverpool Crown Court. The court heard that Murphy had ministered to the relatives of the boys, who were aged between 11 and 16 at the time, and was treated with "reverence and respect" by one of his victims' families.

Ex-reporter at priest’s murder trial tells of cover-up by Catholic Church, DA

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:49 PM PST

EDINBURG (TX) San Antonio Express-News November 30, 2017 By Aaron Nelsen EDINBURG — A deal struck between the Hidalgo County district attorney and the Catholic Church allowed a priest who was a suspect in the 1960 murder of a South Texas beauty queen to walk free, former reporter Darrell Davis testified Thursday. It was the first day of the trial of John Feit, now 85, accused of murder in the death of Irene Garza, a 25-year-old second-grade teacher who had gone to him for the sacrament of confession. Robert Lattimore, then Hidalgo County district attorney, agreed to steer investigators away from Feit, and in return the 27-year old priest would be sent to a monastery to live out the remainder of his days, Davis told the jury. He was a television reporter at the time, assigned to cover the case. Lattimore "knew that John Feit had killed Irene Garza and the church knew it," said Davis, 77. Lattimore "had reached an agreement with the church that John Feit would be placed in a monastery for disturbed priests and remain there for the rest of his life." It was April 16, 1960, the evening before Easter Sunday and Garza had gone to confession at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in McAllen. Her lifeless body was pulled from a canal five days later. An autopsy found that she had been beaten, raped while unconscious and then asphyxiated. Two weeks before, Feit had attacked America Guerra at a church in Edinburg. It wasn't long before Feit became a suspect in Garza's murder. Davis was covering the Guerra case and the Garza death for a local television station. Testifying in the 92nd district court Thursday, the same courtroom where Feit faced charges of assault and attempted rape of Guerra, Davis recalled his off-the-record meeting with Lattimore.

Ex-priest took confession, then murdered Texas beauty queen: prosecutors

Posted: 01 Dec 2017 12:47 PM PST

AUSTIN (TX) Reuters November 30, 2017 By Jon Herskovitz AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A former Roman Catholic priest took the confession of a Texas beauty queen, then lured her to a church rectory and killed her, prosecutors said on Thursday to start a trial for a 1960 murder that has been one of state's most notorious cold cases. In opening statements at a state court in the border county of Hidalgo, prosecutors said John Feit, 84, charged with the murder 57 years ago of Irene Garza, then 25, engaged in "betrayal, murder and cover-up," local media reports from the courtroom said. Feit, who used a walker when he entered court, has denied the charges and his lawyers urged the jury to believe facts about the case and not stories. "There wasn't enough evidence then, and there isn't enough evidence now," defense attorney O. Rene Flores was quoted as saying by the McAllen Monitor newspaper. Garza, a former Miss South Texas and second-grade school teacher, was a devout Catholic who often went to confession, prosecutors told the court, the reports said. After the April 1960 attack, Feit returned to the church and continued to hear confessions, prosecutors said. Garza's body was found five days later in a nearby canal. An autopsy showed that she had been raped while comatose and died of suffocation, according to the Texas Rangers, a statewide police agency.