#Music

#Music

Kim Kardashian Shares Photo of Daughter Chicago

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 02:57 PM PST

Kim Kardashian-West shared her first photo of little baby Chicago today (Feb 26) on Instagram.

Related: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Reveal Baby Daughter’s Name

The reality star and her daughter wore matching beige robes in the photo along with an adorable filter for added cuteness.

The third child for Kim and Kanye, Chicago was born on January 15 via a surrogate to the couple, joining sister North and brother Saint.

See the heartwarming photo of mother and daughter below.

Travis Scott Gifts Kylie Jenner $1.4M Ferrari Push Present

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 02:06 PM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

There are push presents, and then there are the push presents for the rich and famous.

Related: Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Reveal New Baby Daughter In Touching Video

For the uninitiated, a push present is a gift presented to a woman after she’s given birth, typically from a spouse or partner.

So when Kylie Jenner gave birth to Travis $cott’s daughter, Stormi Webster, he hooked her up with one heck of a push present: a $1.4 million Ferrari.

Jenner showed off her fly new ride by way of an Instagram story, and it is quite the vehicle. See it below.

The Ferrari LaFerrari is a very limited edition car that’s already out of production.

The young parents were caught by paparazzi taking the sleek new Ferrari out for a ride to Nobu for sushi (via Us Weekly).

Florida Georgia Line to Perform at Tennessee Titans’ New Uniform Reveal

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:11 PM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

In might be a good six months before the NFL revs up for the 2018-19 season, but Florida Georgia Line is already ready for some football.

Related: Florida Georgia Line Donate $10,000 to Vegas Shooting Victims

The good-time country boys have revealed that they’ll be performing a free show in downtown Nashville to commemorate the unveiling of the Tennessee Titans’ new uniforms, the team’s first new look in almost 20 years.

The free event is set for 7 p.m. on April 4 at Broadway and First Avenue, which is just a hop, skip and a jump from Florida Georgia Line's restaurant, FGL House (via Tennessean).

While the duo was initially asked to drop by for a brief acoustic performance, the band came up with a different plan.

"We were like, 'If we're going to play Nashville, we need to do it right. Let's rock this thing,’" Brian Kelley told the newspaper. "We're just jacked. Nashville is a bull’s-eye for everyone to come to right now. Anytime we can represent the city and the Titans, we're stepping our game up. We're just thankful."

FGL shared the news on Twitter, with Kelly making sure fans know to expect a full-blown show: “We’re bringing pyro.”

See the tweet below.

Brett Young Announces Engagement To Longtime Girlfriend Taylor Mills

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:07 PM PST

By Anthony Donatelli

Brett Young has found his forever.

Related: Brett Young Gets Over Heartbreak In 'Like I Loved You' Video

The 36-year old country crooner announced on social media Monday morning (Feb. 26) that he proposed to his girlfriend, Taylor Mills.

"She said yes!" Young wrote on Instagram, with pictures of the happy couple sharing a kiss and a close up of her gorgeous ring.

Take a look at the photos below.

Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea Comes Clean About the Horrors of Addiction in New Essay

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:43 PM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Flea knows all about drug addiction.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ bassist has opened up about his battles with drugs in a bracing new essay penned for Time magazine.

Related: Flea Compares Music Education Funding Cuts to 'Child Abuse'

“I've been around substance abuse since the day I was born,” Flea shared in the piece. “All the adults in my life regularly numbed themselves to ease their troubles, and alcohol or drugs were everywhere, always. I started smoking weed when I was eleven, and then proceeded to snort, shoot, pop, smoke, drop and dragon chase my way through my teens and twenties.”

Flea goes on to detail the ravages of living with addiction, and how it took becoming a father to finally give him the strength to get clean and sober.

“I didn't get clean through rehab or a 12-step program. I believe wholeheartedly in organizations like AA, but that was not my path,” the bassist revealed. “What worked for me was learning that the best way to grow is to consciously experience the hard times. I had a burning desire for good health and love, and found that I had to go through periods of suffering to get there. That realization was not easy, but it freed me up to have faith in myself.”

Flea then turns his attention to the growing culture of addiction that’s afflicting America, placing blame squarely on the shoulders of the medical and pharmaceutical industry.

“Many who are suffering today were introduced to drugs through their healthcare providers. When I was a kid, my doctor would give me a butterscotch candy after a checkup. Now, they're handing out scripts. It's hard to beat temptation when the person supplying you has a fancy job and credentials and it's usually bad advice not to trust them.”

He details his own experience with prescription drugs after breaking his arm snowboarding.

“My doctor put me back together perfectly, and thanks to him I can still play bass with all my heart,” Flea wrote. “But he also gave me two-month supply of Oxycontin. The bottle said to take four each day. I was high as hell when I took those things. It not only quelled my physical pain, but all my emotions as well. I only took one a day, but I was not present for my kids, my creative spirit went into decline and I became depressed. I stopped taking them after a month, but I could have easily gotten another refill.”

Read Flea’s moving essay here.

John Fogerty and ZZ Top Reveal Joint Tour Dates

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:23 PM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

It’s the not-so-fortunate son teaming up with three of Texas’ sharpest-dressed men.

Related: ZZ Top Announce Las Vegas Residency

John Fogerty and ZZ Top and getting together for the “Blues and Bayous” tour, with the co-headlining run kicking off on Ma7 22 in Atlantic City.

"ZZ Top is one of my favorite bands, and Billy F Gibbons is one of my all-time favorite guitarists,” Fogerty raved in a press release. “Riffs, blues and bayous… bucket list!"

"John Fogerty along with ZZ Top have been followers of blues and rock since the beginning and we're looking forward to rippin' it up together this spring,” chimed ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons. “We've got a great show lined up for ya'!"

Among the shows is a special gig on June 26 in Mt. Pleasant, MI, when none less than the legendary Willie Nelson joins the bill.

Tickets for the tour go on sale starting Friday, March 2 at 10 a.m. local time.  Presale tickets become available on Tuesday, February 27th at 10:00 a.m. local time. Get presale information here and here.

See the full itinerary below.

5/25 – Atlantic City, NJ @ Borgata Spa & Resort – Event Center
6/23 – Canandaigua, NY @ Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center
6/24 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
6/26 – Mt. Pleasant, MI @ Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort  *
6/27 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
6/29 – Welch, MN @ Treasure Island Resort & Casino

*with Willie Nelson
Never miss a tour date from John Fogerty with Eventful.
Never miss a tour date from ZZ Top with Eventful.

Sports Illustrated Model Challenges Beauty Standards With Side-by-Side Weight Looks

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 12:05 PM PST

By Kayla Jardine/Joe Cingrana

This woman is serving up some serious inspiration for people all over the world.

At a size 16, Hunter McGrady is happier than she ever was at a size double zero.

The model posted ‘before and after’ photos on Instagram of her two drastically different weights to help remind others to be proud of the body they have.

She wrote, “The girl above was a very sad, shy, unhealthy, scared girl who would have been mortified at the thought of being bigger because all I ever knew was that looking one certain way was beautiful.”

Hunter continually challenges beauty standards, even appearing nude in Sports Illustrated with words like ‘worthy’ and ‘fearless’ written across her body.

She continued: “I won't stand for a world that keeps women down and tells us we can't love ourselves. Today I challenge you to be bold, be fearless, tell yourself you love yourself, tell yourself it's going to be a good day”

In another post on Instagram showing her slender self at the age of 15, McGrady explained how she was told to lose inches off of her hips to be a model, “which would have put me at a size 00. I would desperately work out for hours and eat few calories per day, HOPING I could fit the bill. It wasn’t until 18 years old, 3 years of insecurities brought on because I thought I wasn’t good enough, that I wouldn’t measure up! I realized that my body was not built to be that thin.”

Just last week, the model shared her "In Her Own Words" Project photo taken by photographer Taylor Ballantyne for Sports Illustrated with the caption “I am WORTHY, I am FEARLESS, I have CONFIDENCE, I am BOUNDLESS, I am RESILIENT, I am POWERFUL, I am ALL ME. I am no longer bound by the chains that society has put on me to fit a certain mold that has been so confining and brainwashing.”

Chris Young Celebrates Young Love in New ‘Hangin’ On’ Video

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:53 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

A Chris Young concert is the perfect place to celebrate young love.

Related: Chris Young Extends 2018 Tour

That’s the sentiment in Young’s new music video for “Hangin’ On,” which chronicles an attractive young couple spending the day making the most of Clearwater, FL, culminating in hitting up a Chris Young concert down on the beach.

The video’s location is pretty important—the clip was captured at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach as part of a promo partnership with Visit St. Pete Clearwater Beach.

The concert featured in the video stars 50 Chris Young fans who had the opportunity to be part of the experience and enjoy two nights of accommodations at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach, FL. Nice work if you can get it.

Watch the clip below.

Kelly Clarkson Shows Love to Fellow ‘Voice’ Coaches in New Video

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:10 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Kelly Clarkson makes her big debut as a coach on the 14th season of NBC’s The Voice tonight (Feb. 26).

The show has shared an engaging new behind-the-scenes video featuring Clarkson’s first day on the job as she gears up for the new season.

Related: 'The Voice' Stars Channel Vintage Vegas in Throwback Promo

In the clip, Clarkson shows love for her fellow judges, starting with Blake Shelton. Shelton makes the mistake of calling Clarkson out as a newbie on The Voice, with the “Since U Been Gone” singer reminding him that she mentored his team all the way back on the show’s second season (much to the delight of Adam Levine and Alicia Keys).

It’s clear that Clarkson and Shelton will be the source of some serious fireworks this season, with the clip capturing the two playfully bickering on set.

“We’re close enough to where I can really mess with him,” Clarkson says.

She goes on to share that she’s toured with Levine in the past, and even dishes that if she was into women, her woman of choice would be Alicia Keys, calling her “walking zen.”

Clarkson’s infectious energy and genuine love of music permeates the video, which sets the stage for tonight’s season premiere of The Voice on NBC at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Watch it below.

Shinedown Talk New Music & First Albums They Bought [Pt. 1]

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:00 AM PST

By Maura O’Malley

Earlier this month, Shinedown announced a co-headlining spring tour with In This Moment and Five Finger Death Punch. But they've been up to a whole lot more than plotting their next tour. The band recently brought fans on set to film a new music video on February 24th and are therefore seemingly gearing up to release new music.

The band had previously set a Spring 2018 goal for the Threat to Survival follow-up, and while a release date has yet to be named, we had the chance to sit down with the band to talk about writing new music.

"This is the only time we've ever written while we were still touring an album cycle," says Zach Myers. "Eric was writing a song almost a day."

Below, hear more about the band's new music and watch them reminisce on the first albums they ever bought, from Dr. Dre to Aerosmith.

Shinedown will hit the road beginning March 23 in Deadwood, SD, with In This Moment co-headlining in March & April and Five Finger Death Punch along for the ride in May.

But we don't want you to wait that long to see more of the band. Check back soon for part two of our EXCLUSIVE three-part interview with the guys!

Kane Brown Teases New Music

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:49 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Kane Brown is working on new music, and it sounds like he’s making some hits.

Related: Kane Brown and Fiancée Share 'Me & U' Dance Routine: Watch

The singer jumped on Instagram to share a brief snippet of a very new catchy track that he’s currently crafting.

“Ready to get in the studio,” Brown captioned the video of the new song which features a chorus built around the phrase “one thing right.”

It’s not the only new music tease Brown has offered of late. Earlier this month, the singer shared another brief clip of a new song, also tentatively titled “One Night Only” and slated for his highly anticipated sophomore full-length.

“New song me and the boys wrote today,” Kane wrote with the video, calling it a “summer smash.”

Check out both posts below.

Scotty McCreery on ‘Seasons Change’ and Most Memorable Career Moments

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:40 AM PST

By Lauren Hoffman

Scotty McCreery’s forthcoming album, Seasons Change, is due out March 16, and he is ready to share everything there is to know about his new music. The country star’s latest project will feature eleven new tracks including his first-ever No. 1 single, “Five More Minutes.”

Related: Scott McCreery Announces New Album 'Seasons Change'

In our EXCLUSIVE interview with McCreery, he talks all about his love for music (and sports), most memorable career moments, and why he feels “so fortunate” today.

"If you listen to this album from the first song to the very last song, you're going to get to know me a lot better,” McCreery said.

Every track on Seasons Change was co-written by McCreery himself and were all inspired by true-life events. The 24-year-old’s new songs will reflect on everything from moving out on his own, life as a college student, losing his grandfather, releasing a book, proposing to his high school sweetheart, and so much more.

You can pre-order Seasons Change by clicking here.

Watch Scotty McCreery’s “Five More Minutes” music video below.

Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Dress as ‘Scooby-Doo’ Gang for Her Son’s Birthday

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:15 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Life is good for Apollo Rossdale.

The adorable son of Gwen Stefani and ex-husband Gavin Rossdale recently turned four, and his Scooby-Doo-themed birthday party featured a couple of very special guests.

Related: Blake Shelton Raises $50k for Hometown Park

Stefani and boyfriend Blake Shelton raided the costume closet to dress up as the leaders of the Scooby gang, Daphne Blake and Shaggy Rogers.

Stefani looks fab as usual, rocking a bright red wig and Daphne’s signature purple and green color palette. Shelton’s take on Shaggy was a little less detailed, relying mostly on a ratty wig to imitate the character’s mop-top look.

See pic’s from Apollo’s birthday party from Stefani’s Instagram story in the gallery below.

Chris Cornell Sings Johnny Cash’s ‘You Never Knew My Mind’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:38 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

It’s the sound of two music legends coming together even though neither of them are still with us.

Related: Artists Announced for New Johnny Cash Album

A newly released recording of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell taking on Johnny Cash’s “You Never Knew My Mind” is as heartbreaking and beautiful as expected.

Cornell’s emotional reading is part of a new collection, Johnny Cash: Forever Words, which sets a recently discovered cache of Cash's unknown poetry, lyrics, and letters, to music by an all-star array of contemporary artists.

"I met Chris backstage in the early 1990s when my father performed a show in Seattle," says John Carter Cash in a prepared statement. "Chris told me then that he had been a fan of my father even when most of his friends listened to hard rock. When I was conceiving this album years later, I reached out to him and he was excited and honored to be involved. Chris connected deeply with my father's words, and his finished version of ‘You Never Knew My Mind’ tied his own life experience to my father's on an honest level."

Other artists featured on the album include Ruston Kelly & Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss & Union Station, Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, John Mellencamp, Carlene Carter, Elvis Costello, The Jayhawks and more.

Johnny Cash: Forever Words is set for release April 6 on Legacy Recordings.

Listen to Chris Cornell’s “You Never Knew My Mind” below.

Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui Blasts Marco Rubio Over Bible Tweet

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:19 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Lauren Jauregui is not having it.

The Fifth Harmony singer is outraged at Florida senator Marco Rubio after he posted Bible verses in the wake of the tragic shooting at the Parkland high school.

Related: Lauren Jauregui Stands Up for LGBTQ Community: 'You Are Perfectly You'

“How do you sleep at night knowing how much of a hypocrite you are? You do know God's "commands" right? To honor human life is a huge one,” Jauregui said on Twitter in direct response to Rubio’s tweet containing the Bible verse Genesis 22:18. “To not bare false witness is another. Remember this God you claim is all seeing and all knowing. They've been with you every second at every secret engagement and phone calls you've had towards the demise of democracy in MY home state of Florida.

“You and your arrogant ignorance insult the very God who's name you hollow in vain. (Which breaks another one of those commands btw) the Jesus I read about would've walked into your office and told you himself how appalling it was to watch you stand idly by while the murder of children and innocent citizens continued so you could be a wealthier pig. And I know this because the spirit speaks through me regularly. Go read again if u wanna quote.”

The singer capped off her tweet-storm with a link to a video featuring a Parkland father confronting Rubio at last week’s CNN town hall event that followed the shooting.

“I don't think he'd be brave enough to respond you,” shared one Jauregui fan after her series of tweets.

“Of course not, Marco Rubio is a coward in every sense of the world,” the singer replied.

See Jauregui’s tweets below.

Adopted Daughter Surprises Stepdad With Emotional Name Change

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:06 AM PST

By Rebecca Zamer/Joe Cingrana

David Trevino was brought to tears when his 11-year-old adopted daughter Haleigh secretly changed her last name to be the same as his.

Haleigh and her mother Angel decided to legally change the name on her birth certificate and when they got it in the mail they couldn’t wait to break the news to David. Haleigh and Angel gave him a letter to read as an early birthday present, which explained just how much he means to her.

Fighting through tears, David read the entire note, which in part reads:

“Happy birthday and happy Valentine’s Day — you stole her heart from day one, but today she stole your last name forever!”

Angel tells Radio.com that David has been an amazing role model for her daughter Haleigh over the years, riding horses and cheering her on in sports, and there’s nothing in this world that he wouldn’t do for his daughter. And, although hitting a snag while attempting to make the name chance a surprise, she says everything worked out in the end.

“We started the process in November but we hit a bump in the road that caused us to think we were not going to be able to proceed. I took it upon myself to call the number on the letter we received with the denial and asked what had happened. The fix was so simple and did not require my husband’s signature — and on February 1st the new birth certificate was in the mail!”

Katy Perry Performs for First Responders at Kick Ash Bash in California

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:02 AM PST

By Annie Reuter

Katy Perry surprised a crowd of thousands when she took the stage to perform during a benefit concert in California for first responders and victims of last December’s Thomas Fire, which is cited as of one of the biggest wildfires in state’s history. The pop star’s appearance was part of Kick Ash Bash on Sunday (February 25) at the Bella Vista Polo Club in Summerland, California.

Related: Watch Katy Perry Catch a Wedding Bouquet and Promptly Freak Out

Additional performers included Dishwalla, Alan Parsons, David Foster, Katharine McPhee, Glen Phillips, Steve Vai, Richard Marx, Wilson Phillips, David Crosby, The Doors’ Robby Krieger, The Caverns and Kenny Loggins.

Perry performed acoustic renditions of some of her biggest hits, including “Firework” and “Part of Me” for a crowd of 2,300 first responders. Watch snippets of her set below.

Clint Black Performs ‘A Better Man’ on ‘Front and Center’: Watch

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:58 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Clint Black is looking back.

The country star threw it all the way back to 1989 with a performance of his first single, “A Better Man,” captured during a special show for the PBS series, Front and Center.

Related: Clint Black Working on a Christmas Musical

Black was joined by John Rich of Big & Rich for the show, which will be part of the show’s ongoing CMA Songwriters Series. The show will feature Black discussing behind-the-scenes stories regarding his biggest hits over the years.

PBS’ Front and Center is heading into its eighth season, with appearances from Kane Brown, Miranda Lambert and Luke Combs among the featured artists. Check local listings for showtimes.

Watch Clint Black perform “A Better Man” below.

Dad & Daughter Sell Girl Scout Cookies with Parody of Childish Gambino’s ‘Redbone’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:50 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Childish Gambino’s “Redbone” earned GRAMMY nods for Record of the Year and Best R&B Song—and won Best Traditional R&B Performance. February is GRAMMY month but it’s also Girl Scout Cookie month for millions of sellers, buyers and aficionados around the country. In Duluth, GA, a father and daughter decided to merge “Redbone” with their Girl Scout Cookie operation in an adorable video shared to Facebook.

Seymore Harrison, Jr. and his daughter Charity Joy recorded a clip that rewrites Gambino’s hit song with charming lyrics about cookies.

Related: Donald Glover Plots the End of Childish Gambino

Harrison explained to Radio.com why they chose “Redbone” as the jingle for Charity Joy’s cookie sales.

“It's one song out of many that we love to sing whenever it comes on the radio, so when we found the instrumental, I ask my daughter to pick out her favorite cookies, and I would write some lyrics and added her favorites into the song as a parody,” he said. “It didn't take us long to come up with the song, we sat down one day while my wife was preparing dinner and put it together. We never expected it to go viral, we just wanted to share the video with our friends and family to let them know it's cookie season.”

The Facebook video has been shared 97,771 times with 3.9 million views, and going viral has been a boon for cookie sales. Harrison says that at last check, Charity Joy is 450 boxes away from reaching 5000 boxes sold.

Watch the adorable video here:

Metallica Announce More North American Dates of WorldWired Tour

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:47 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Metallica’s WorldWired Tour is the gift that keeps on giving: The rock icons have just announced another North American leg that kicks off in September. The jaunt includes cities the band hasn’t played in decades and will continue the in-the-round style of staging for their performance. Dates extend all the way to March 2019 so fans will have many opportunities to see the band live.

Related: Metallica's James Hetfield as Cop for Ted Bundy Movie: See the Photo

As with previous tickets on the tour, buying a seat at a Metallica concert promises fans a physical or digital copy of Hardwired…To Self-Destruct. Along the way, Metallica will raise funds for their All Within My Hands Foundation, which supports a cross-section of national, local and Bay Area charities, music education programs and local food banks. Donations to this worthy cause enrolls ticket holders to win VIP experiences and other perks on the road.

Presale for Metallica Fan Club members begins tomorrow (Feb. 7) on the band’s website. More presales are sponsored by Citi, Spotify and others—visit the site for more information. General sales begin Friday (March 7).

See Metallica’s full list of dates (starting September 2) here:

3/2 – Lubbock, TX @ United Supermarkets Arena

3/4 – Wichita, KS @ Intrust Bank Arena

3/6 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

3/9 – Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center

3/11 – Indianapolis, IN @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse

3/13 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena

Kacey Musgraves Reveals Inspiration Behind ‘Space Cowboy’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:29 AM PST

By Annie Reuter

Kacey Musgraves dropped two new songs on Friday (February 23), ahead of her forthcoming album Golden Hour, and now the country singer is explaining the story behind “Space Cowboy.”

Related: Kacey Musgraves Releases First Tracks From 'Golden Hour'

“One day I was out at the barn watching this stallion charging powerfully from one end of the arena to the other, bucking and galloping at full speed all alone,” she writes on Instagram. “Though I was ‘safe’ on the other side of the arena wall, it kinda scared me when he came flying toward me..barely stopping in time. My riding teacher saw him coming at me and yelled at me to move away. I said ‘I'm fine! The gate is closed!’ to which she said, ‘Girl – when they wanna go they will go…there ain't no point in even shuttin' the gate.’ It really made a mark on me when she said that and I wrote it down. SPACE COWBOY came a couple days after with @shanemcanally + @lukerobert ✨Make peace with what doesn't belong. You'll find something better.”

The song vividly comes to life in picturesque lyrics of the great frontier, cowboys and old Western films as Musgraves uses the cowboy metaphor for a relationship that has come to an end.

"Sunsets fade and love does too / Yeah, we had our day in the sun / When a horse wants to run ain't no sense in closing the gate / So you can have your space, cowboy," she sings on the chorus.

Musgraves is currently performing the track while on The Breakers Tour with Little Big Town.

Zendaya Treats 300 Kids to ‘Black Panther’ Screening

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:18 AM PST

By Scott T. Sterling

Zendaya is sharing the wonder of Wakanda.

The Greatest Showman star connected with entrepreneur Michael Skolnik to treat 300 kids from her hometown of Oakland, CA, to a screening of Marvel’s massive superhero blockbuster movie, Black Panther.

Related: Kendrick Lamar & TDE Host 'Black Panther' Screenings for Kids in Watts

“Wakanda forever…Oakland forever,” Zendaya shares on Twitter with a group selfie from the screening. “Thank you to all the beautiful young people of my home town for joining me this weekend. You all, much like this movie, are absolutely brilliant.”

“What an amazing day in Oakland with my dear friend Zendaya. It was an honor to share in the joy of bringing 300 young people to see Black Panther at the theater she grew up going to,” Skolnik added with his own tweet, sharing the same group selfie. “Her love, compassion + generosity for her community is beyond inspiring. Wakanda Forever!”

Zendaya went on to announce that Oakland kids are in for another screening when the upcoming film adaptation of Wrinkle in Time comes to town next month.

See the tweets below.

Kendrick Lamar Wants to Play a Villain in ‘Black Panther’ Sequel

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 07:14 AM PST

By Annie Reuter

For the sequel to Black Panther, Kendrick Lamar would like to play a major role, and he doesn’t really want to be remembered as one of the good guys.

Related: ‘Jeopardy!’ Contestants Don’t Know Kendrick Lamar

“I really enjoy [Erik] Killmonger’s character,  just off the simple fact that he was a villain but he came with some real [talk],” Lamar told the BBC. “He was a villain, but he was loved and misunderstood. So if I could, I'd play a Killmonger for sure.”

Lamar curated and contributed to the soundtrack for the current film, which also features SZA, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, and SOB x RBE.

With Black Panther‘s blockbuster success, a sequel seems certain. Perhaps Kendrick will get his wish.

Chvrches Prep New Collaboration with The National’s Matt Berninger

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:56 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Chvrches fans can look forward to a very cool special guest on the group’s new album Love is Dead.

Related: Chvrches Return with New Song 'Get Out'

Eagle-eyed Reddit sleuths noticed an exciting collaboration that appeared (and then disappeared) on streaming services: a track titled “My Enemy” featuring The National’s Matt Berninger.

Berninger is the second high profile guest on the album, which also features Eurythmics’ Dave Stewart.

It’s not clear when “My Enemy” will get an official, permanent release but for now enjoy a screenshot from the temporary glitch.

Meghan Trainor Describes Setbacks That Led to New Single ‘No Excuses’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:43 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Meghan Trainor has a big year ahead of her. She’s got a wedding to plan, a new hit TV show and her third studio album on the way.

Related: Meghan Trainor & James Corden Film 'Sexy Slow-Mo' Video

Over the weekend, Trainor teased her next single, “No Excuses,” from that yet-untitled record. It’s been two years since Trainor released Thank You, and, in a new Instagram post, she promised the world that her best music is yet to come.

In a handwritten note, Meghan took fans back to the period shortly after her GRAMMY win for Best New Artist. What transpired was a period of physical, creative and emotional renewal.

“After winning a GRAMMY, releasing my second album and going on my third tour, I thought I’d be on top of the world — but I was wrong, it was exactly the opposite,” she wrote. “I endured a severe vocal chord hemorrhage and was forced to have surgery and to cancel all of my remaining concerts and commitments at the end of 2016…It was the darkest place I’ve ever experienced, and I was unsure if I’d ever come out of it…but I DID!”

Despite the setbacks and challenges, Meghan managed to find love and refocus her musical efforts on her new album. The lead single “No Excuses” drops Thursday morning and she explained to her followers what that title means.

"There are NO EXCUSES, I'm gonna choose happiness..and I can't wait to show you what I've learned/created for this third album. It's my best work yet,” she wrote.

See Meghan’s teasers here:

Will Someone Pay $54,000 for Drake’s Journal from His ‘Degrassi’ Days?

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:30 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Sixteen years ago, Aubrey Drake Graham was an actor on a Canadian teen soap, but he had dreams of being a rapper. Today he’s rap’s biggest commercial force with streaming records, hit albums and $1 million in cash to give to strangers.

Related: Jimmy Kimmel Presents Low Budget Parody of Drake's 'God's Plan' Video

If you wonder how Drake made the jump from point A to point B (or in his parlance, from the bottom to here) a notebook purported to be Drake’s Degrassi diary is available for purchase for a cool $54,000. The memorabilia site Moments in Time reportedly discovered the document in a furniture factory once owned by Drake’s grandfather.

The journal includes lyrics like the “10 Mack Commandments,” a riff on The Notorious B.I.G.’s “10 Crack Commandments”: “Show up for your date kinda late/ If she say be there 6/ then be there 8.”

“To my knowledge, there haven't been any lyrics from Drake on sale,” Moments in Time’s Gary Zimet told Radio.com. “The fact that there's so many of them in the notebook, it's such a rare find.”

"It is first come first serve, I don't know how long it'll take to sell,” he continued. “I'm hoping that Drake will buy it."

If real — and it sure seems to be — Drake’s notebook gives fans a glimpse of the future star in his early hustle — cashing checks from the Canadian Television Network and dreaming of Biggie Smalls. Check out scans of the document here.

Lil Yachty Drops New Song ‘Most Wanted,’ Teases ‘Interested’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:12 AM PST

By Annie Reuter

Almost a week after Lil Yachty announced the release of his sophomore album, Lil Boat 2, the rapper shared two new tracks.

Related: Lil Yachty Announces New Album ‘Lil Boat 2’

Over the weekend, he dropped “Most Wanted” and a minute-long snippet from a second track titled”Interested.”

“Most Wanted,” produced by EarlThePearll, features syncopated beats, galactic keyboards and lyrics about fame: “Hip hop’s most wanted/ I’m in a ghost, haunted/ Took a break, now I’m back ’cause that’s what they wanted.”

Yachty first teased the song on Twitter and let fans know the song won’t be on his upcoming album.

“Interested,” which will be included on Lil Boat 2, features creative beats and Auto-Tune vocals. Yachty shared the song snippet from the studio last night (Feb. 25), and the Instagram clip features him rapping and dancing along to the track.

Lil Boat 2 will be released on March 9.

Check out both tracks, which contain explicit language, below.

Lana Del Rey Hits Studio With Jack Antonoff

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 05:30 AM PST

By Hayden Wright

Jack Antonoff has produced hits for some of pop’s biggest female stars. At the 2018 GRAMMY Awards, he earned nods for his collaborations with Lorde (Melodrama) and Taylor Swift (“I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”). He’s also worked with P!nk, Sara Bareilles, St. Vincent and more artists with pop appeal and unique musical points-of-view. If Lana Del Rey’s Instagram story is any indication, she may be next on Jack’s list of collaborators.

Related: Jack Antonoff Talks Producing Taylor Swift's New Single

Lana live streamed a video of her inside a recording studio with Antonoff. As she filmed, Antonoff reclined on a cushy leather couch and faint music played in the background.

In addition to the Instagram live update, a Lana fan on Twitter stumbled upon a selfie Lana shared with Antonoff and Marina Diamandis (of Marina and the Diamonds) over the weekend.

Lana’s last album Lust For Life dropped last year and featured A-list collaborators, including The Weeknd and Stevie Nicks. The prolific singer-songwriter may be assembling another dream team for her yet-untitled sixth studio album.

Watch a fan capture of Lana’s hangout with Jack Antonoff below.

Kanye West and the Kardashians Get Ready to ‘Feud’

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 04:57 AM PST

By Jon Wiederhorn

Kanye West is a fast rapper and a fast talker. Now, fans will get to see how fast Yeezy can answer questions about other people’s habits and preferences when he faces the big board on Family Feud.

Related: Kanye West is Off Instagram — Again

The West and Kardashian families were recently tapped for a bonanza episode of Celebrity Family Feud. Celebutante Kim Kardashian leaked the news on her Snapchat, posting snippets of West and the Kardashian/Jenner crew on the game show set.

“I’ve waited my whole life for this moment,” enthuses Kanye in one clip.

Judging from the shots, it looks like Team West will include Kim (his wife), who was excluded from a Kardashian team huddle, reports The Fader. The Kardashian team appears to include Kris, Khloé, Kendall and their grandmother M.J.

The air date for the episode has not yet been announced.