- 45 años calló una víctima de la pederastia en Chile
- Exorcist priest accused of sexual abuse
- Le prêtre de Val-d’Or accusé d'agression sexuelle est acquitté
- Lettre aux prêtres et aux diacres, et aux diocésains
- Gravelines - Nieppe : un prêtre mis en examen pour viol
- Sex abuse at Chilean church school was an unending 'perverse game': victim
- Co Down GAA club urged any victims of paedophile priest to come forward
- Former priest guilty of indecently assaulting boy in 1980s
- Priest goes on trial for indecently assaulting boy in sickbay
- Priest guilty of sexual assaulting schoolboy 36 years ago
- 수원교구민에게 보내는 교구장 특별 사목 서한
- South Korea church apologizes for abuse
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:01 PM PST
CHILE Agence France-Presse via El Telégrafo >>>45 years a victim of pedophilia in Chile fell silent February 25, 2018 La congregación católica Marista presentó el pasado año una denuncia contra Abel Pérez, miembro de la orden religiosa, acusado de abusos sexuales a menores. A los 10 años ingresó a un colegio de la Congregación Marista y comenzó su suplicio. Abusos sexuales y una violación transformaron en un "eterno juego perverso" la niñez de Jaime Concha, una de las víctimas de decenas de casos de pederastia develados en los últimos años en Chile. Décadas después de esa espiral de manipulación y abusos que se iniciaron en 1973 -con su ingreso al colegio Alonso de Ercilla de Santiago- este médico, de 55 años, decidió contar su historia y así comenzar a sanar sus heridas. [Google Translation: 45 years a victim of pedophilia in Chile fell silent The Catholic Marist congregation filed a complaint last year against Abel Pérez, a member of the religious order, accused of sexual abuse of minors. At age 10 he entered a school of the Marist Congregation and began his ordeal. Sexual abuse and rape transformed the childhood of Jaime Concha, one of the victims of dozens of pedophile cases unveiled in recent years in Chile, into a "perpetual perverse game". Decades after that spiral of manipulation and abuse that began in 1973 - with his entry to the Alonso de Ercilla de Santiago school - this 55-year-old doctor decided to tell his story and begin to heal his wounds.]
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 06:44 PM PST
ROME (ITALY) The Times of London February 26 2018 By Philip Willan Police have arrested a Catholic priest accused of using exorcism sessions to sexually abuse a number of vulnerable young women, including a girl aged 14. Maria Antonietta Troncone, the co-ordinating prosecutor, said that Father Michele Barone had allegedly beaten, insulted and threatened the women and subjected them to sexual acts while "liberating" them from demonic possession. They were encouraged to sleep in the nude with him and his mistress, she said, with one woman told that she would be "punished by the Madonna, St Michael and other angels and saints" if she did not perform the sexual acts demanded of her. Father Barone, who was not authorised to carry out exorcisms, is alleged to have persuaded the women to stop taking prescribed medicines and to adopt a diet of milk, biscuits and glucose solution. He has been suspended from priestly activities for a year. The parents of the 14-year-old victim have been placed under house arrest for alleged complicity in the abuses, as has Luigi Schettino, a local police officer who is accused of attempting to persuade the girl's sister to withdraw an official complaint that she had lodged with his office. The case came to light after the sister reported the alleged abuse to journalists on a satirical television programme.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 04:28 PM PST
VAL D'OR (QUEBEC, CANADA) Radio Canada >>>Val-d'Or priest accused of sexual assault acquitted February 23, 2018 Le vicaire de la paroisse de Val-d'Or, Charles Bizimana, a été acquitté vendredi après-midi des trois chefs d'accusation qui pesaient contre lui. Le juge Steve Magnan a rendu cette décision puisqu'il soutenait que les versions de l'accusé et de la plaignante étaient contradictoires. Le juge a ainsi appliqué l'arrêt W.(D.), qui stipule entre autres que si ce dernier ne croit pas pas le témoignage de l'accusé, mais qu'il a un doute raisonnable, il doit en ce sens prononcer l'acquittement. L'homme était notamment accusé de voie de fait simple, de séquestration et d'agression sexuelle. [Google Translation: Val-d'Or priest accused of sexual assault acquitted The vicar of the parish of Val-d'Or, Charles Bizimana, was acquitted Friday afternoon of the three counts that weighed against him. Judge Steve Magnan made that decision, arguing that the accused's and the complainant's versions were contradictory. The judge applied W. (D.), Which states, inter alia, that if the judge does not believe the testimony of the accused but has a reasonable doubt, he must, in that sense, pronounce the 'acquittal. The man was charged with simple assault, forcible confinement and sexual assault.]
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 04:12 PM PST
LILLE (FRANCE) Archdiocese of Lille >>>Letter to priests and deacons, and to diocesans February 24, 2018 By Laurent Bernard Marie Ulrich, Archbishop of Lille Suite à la mise en examen d'un prêtre du diocèse de Lille Mgr Ulrich adresse ce courrier en y exprimant sa compassion pour la plaignante et ses proches, sa prière et sa sollicitude pour tous les diocésains. Aux prêtres et aux diacres Chers amis, Si vous fréquentez les sites internet ou si vous lisez les journaux du littoral dunkerquois, vous aurez appris la mise en examen de l'abbé Vincent Sterckeman, hier soir. J'avais été avisé jeudi dans la journée qu'il était auditionné à la suite d'une plainte, et ce n'est qu'hier soir à 19 h que j'ai appris sa mise en examen : je vous explique cela, parce que les nouvelles médiatiques disent que j'ai été prévenu. En réalité mon premier sentiment est la surprise de la rapidité avec laquelle ces événements sont survenus ; aucune plainte, aucun bruit avant-coureur ne m'avaient laissé soupçonner quelque chose. Les faits qui relèvent de la justice pénale sont les suivants. A la suite d'une plainte, l'abbé Vincent Sterckeman, prêtre du diocèse de Lille depuis 2002, curé de la paroisse Saint-Pierre des Rives de l'Aa à Gravelines-Grand-Fort-Philippe, depuis 2011, a été mis en examen pour viol et atteintes sexuelles sur une jeune femme, mineure au moment des faits, entre 2004 et 2008. Ces faits doivent être examinés au cours d'une enquête judiciaire au cours de laquelle je n'ai pas à m'exprimer publiquement. Tant que la procédure judiciaire est en cours, l'abbé Vincent Sterckeman est suspendu de ses fonctions de curé et de l'exercice du ministère sacerdotal. La paroisse est administrée provisoirement par le doyen du littoral dunkerquois ouest. [Google Translation: Letter to priests and deacons, and to diocesans February 24, 2018 Following the indictment of a priest of the diocese of Lille Bishop Ulrich addresses this letter expressing his compassion for the complainant and his relatives, his prayer and his concern for all diocesan. Dear friends, If you frequent the websites or read the newspapers of the Dunkirk coastline, you will have learned of the indictment of Father Vincent Sterckeman last night. I was notified on Thursday that he was auditioned following a complaint, and it was not until last night at 7:00 pm that I learned of his indictment: I explain that to you, because that the news media say that I was warned. In fact, my first feeling is the surprise of the speed with which these events occurred; no complaint, no harbinger had left me suspecting something. The facts of the criminal justice system are as follows. Following a complaint, Father Vincent Sterckeman, priest of the diocese of Lille since 2002, parish priest of Saint-Pierre des Rives de l'Aa in Gravelines-Grand-Fort-Philippe, since 2011, has been placed in review for rape and sexual abuse of a young woman, minor at the time of the facts, between 2004 and 2008. These facts must be examined during a judicial investigation during which I do not have to express myself publicly. As long as the judicial process is ongoing, Father Vincent Sterckeman is suspended from his duties as parish priest and the exercise of priestly ministry. The parish is provisionally administered by the Dean of the Dunkirk west coast.]
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 03:54 PM PST
NIEPPE (FRANCE) France 3 TV >>>Gravelines - Nieppe: a priest indicted for rape February 24, 2018 Le Père Vincent Sterckeman , 44 ans, a été mis en examen pour viol par personne ayant autorité et agressions sexuelles par un juge d'instruction du tribunal de Dunkerque. Il a été laissé libre mais placé sous contrôle judiciaire. Le consentement au cœur de l'enquête Selon La Voix du Nord , les faits présumés remonteraient à la période 2004-2008 . Vincent Sterckeman était alors prêtre à Nieppe (près d'Armentières). Une jeune femme, âgée de 15 ans au moment des faits , l'accuse aujourd'hui de viols et a été auditionnée par la justice. Vincent Sterckeman, placé en garde à vue mercredi, a admis avoir eu des relations sexuelles avec cette dernière, mais nie tout viol. [Google Translation: Gravelines - Nieppe: a priest indicted for rape Father Vincent Sterckeman , 44, was indicted for rape by a person with authority and sexual assault by an examining magistrate of the Dunkirk court. It was left free but placed under judicial control. Consent at the heart of the investigation According to La Voix du Nord , the alleged facts go back to 2004-2008 . Vincent Sterckeman was then a priest in Nieppe (near Armentieres). A young woman, aged 15 at the time of the events , accuses her today of rapes and was auditioned by the justice. Vincent Sterckeman, in custody on Wednesday, admitted to having sex with the latter, but denies any rape.]
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 08:12 AM PST
VIÑA DEL MAR [VALPARAÍSO, CHILE] Agence France-Presse via the Malaysia Sun Daily February 25, 2018 Sexual abuse at the hands of priests marked the childhood of Jaime Concha since the day when, at age 10, he entered a school run by the Marist Brothers religious order in Santiago. He is now 55 years old and a doctor. After all these years, his case is one of the dozens finally being investigated by the Catholic Church in Chile — a church rocked by the scale of a sex-abuse scandal that tainted the recent visit of Pope Francis. Concha told AFP his treatment at the hands of the Marist Brothers was like "an everlasting perverse game." He says he has now broken decades of silence about his childhood trauma to try to come to terms with the devastation it has wreaked on his life since he first entered the order's Alonso de Ercilla school in Santiago.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:45 AM PST
COUNTY DOWN (NORTHERN IRELAND) The Irish Times February 24, 2018 By Suzanne McGonagle A CO Down GAA club has urged any victims of abuse by paedophile priest Malachy Finnegan to come forward. Clonduff GAC in Hilltown said anyone affected by the actions of Finnegan, a former president of the club, should "bring this to the attention of the PSNI". It comes as it was revealed that parents at four Co Down primary schools have said they do not want the Bishop of Dromore, Dr John McAreavey to officiate at their children's confirmation after he said Requiem Mass for Finnegan.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:41 AM PST
COUNTY CORK (IRELAND) Irish Times February 23, 2018 By Barry Roche [See related past articles: Missionary order apologies for abuse at Cork school by priest, by Barry Roche, Irish Times, November 15, 2014; and Carrignavar school 'a concentration camp', say ex-pupils, by Claire O'Sullivan, Irish Examiner, August 3, 2011.] Tadhg O'Dalaigh remanded on bail for sentence as complainant prepares statement A 74-year-old former priest has been convicted of indecently assaulting a young boy while teaching in a boarding school in Cork in the 1980s. Tadhg O'Dalaigh, a former member of the Sacred Heart Missionaries, had denied the single charge of indecently assaulting the boy at the Sacred Heart College in Carriganavar in Co Cork on a date between September 1st, 1980 and January 28th, 1981. But the jury of nine men and three women at Cork Circuit Criminal Court took just one hour and 50 minutes to find O'Dalaigh, with an address at Woodview, Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Dublin unanimously guilty of the charge.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:28 AM PST
COUNTY CORK (IRELAND) Irish Examiner February 22, 2018 By Liam Heylin A priest has gone on trial accused of indecently assaulting a boy in a Co Cork school sickbay in the early 1980s. Tadgh O'Dalaigh, aged 73, of Woodview, Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Dublin, pleaded not guilty at Cork Circuit Criminal Court to a charge of indecent assault on an unknown date between September 1, 1980, and January 28, 1981, at Sacred Heart college, also known as Coláiste An Chroi Naofa, Carraig Na Bhfear. Siobhán Lankford, prosecuting, said the accused was a priest in the school at the time, which catered for boarders and day-pupils. It was alleged the complainant was in bed in the sickbay on the evening of the disputed indecent assault. Shane Costelloe, defending, stressed from the outset of his cross-examination of the complainant: "He does not accept the allegation you have made.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:25 AM PST
COUNTY CORK (IRELAND) Irish Examiner February 23, 2018 By Liam Heylin A jury took less than two hours to reach a unanimous guilty verdict in the case of a priest sexually assaulting a schoolboy in Cork approximately 36 years ago. The jury of nine men and three women returned to Courtroom 1 at the courthouse on Washington St, Cork, before 3pm with their unanimous guilty verdict. The 74-year-old priest had denied indecently assaulting the boy at a school in Co Cork early in the 1980s. Tadgh O'Dalaigh of Woodview, Mount Merrion Avenue, Blackrock, Dublin, was convicted yesterday at Cork Circuit Criminal Court on a charge of indecently assaulting the boy on an unknown date between September 1, 1980, and January 28, 1981 at the Sacred Heart college, also known as Coláiste An Chroí Naofa, Carraig Na Bhfear, Co Cork.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 07:21 AM PST
SUWON (SOUTH KOREA) Catholic Diocese of Suwon, South Korea >> >A special pastor's letter to the diocese of Suwon. February 25, 2018 [See also: South Korea church apologizes for abuse, Agence France-Presse, February 25, 2018] By Mathias Ri Iong-hoon (Lee Yong-Hoon), Bishop of the Diocese of Suwon [Google Translation: Dear Suwon Diocese Brothers and sisters, In this sacred period of meditating on the passion of our Lord Jesus Christ and the death of the cross, we are exposed to press reports by the diocesan priesthood, and the Suwon Diocese, the Catholic Church of Korea, and many other people are overwhelmed with great shock. First of all, I am sincerely apologizing to the victim, my family, and the parishioners who have been suffering from such a situation because of the incidents where the Buddhist priest did not lead the priesthood well. Recently, many domestic and foreign women have courageously accused the victims of sexual violence that has caused serious damage to their human rights and dignity, revealing the immoral behavior of women who have not been exposed. They are encouraged to correct the wrong social consciousness of women against the male-centered mindset deeply rooted in our society. This erroneous act of destroying the dignity of women and the dignity of the noble women that God has provided was no exception to the Church.] 친애하는 수원교구 형제자매 여러분, 우리 주 예수 그리스도의 수난과 십자가상의 죽음을 묵상하는 이 거룩한 시기에, 교구 사제의 성추문으로 인한 언론 보도를 접하고 수원교구와 한국천주교회 그리고 많은 국민들이 큰 충격 속에 휩싸여 있습니다. 먼저 교구장으로서 사제단을 잘 이끌지 못한 부덕의 소치로 이러한 사태가 벌어져 그동안 깊은 상처를 안고 살아오신 피해 자매님과 가족들 그리고 교구민 여러분께 진심으로 사죄드립니다. 최근 국내외 많은 여성들이 자신의 인권과 존엄에 심각한 훼손을 일으킨 성폭력 피해 사실을 용기 있게 고발함으로써, 그동안 드러나지 않았던 여성에 대한 부도덕한 행위가 밝혀지고 있습니다. 그들은 우리 사회에 깊이 뿌리박혀 있는 남성 중심의 사고방식에 맞서, 여성에 대한 그릇된 사회의식을 바로잡고자 용기를 낸 것입니다. 여성의 존엄과 하느님께서 선사하신 고귀한 여성의 품위를 파괴하는 이러한 그릇된 행위는 교회에서도 예외는 아니었습니다.
Posted: 25 Feb 2018 06:53 AM PST
SEOUL (SOUTH KOREA) Agence France-Presse via the Hürriyet (Turkey) Daily News February 25, 2018 South Korea's Catholic church on Feb. 25 apologized to a woman who accused a priest of sexual abuse and attempted rape during a trip to a mission in South Sudan. Kim Min-Kyung took the rare step of appearing on television news last week to accuse the priest of sexually abusing her during their trip to the country in 2011. Kim, a volunteer who helped build a school and medical clinics in South Sudan, said the priest repeatedly tried to rape her, at one point breaking into her room at night. "He pinned me down so that I couldn't move and said 'I can't control my body anymore. Please understand me,'" Kim told KBS TV station, saying she managed to flee the room. Kim said she had reported the incidents to other priests at the mission but received little help, and had previously decided to keep silent "for the sake of the church and the mission." The name of the priest was withheld.
|You are subscribed to email updates from Abuse Tracker. |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States|